Riverfest Video Contest Rules
The 2019 Inaugural Riverfest Video Contest is presented by Wichita Festivals, Inc. (WFI) and Hydraulic Studio (HYD) for the purpose of partnering with the Wichita River Festival® (WRF) attendees to produce a completed video to help promote future festivals and activities. An Official Contest of Riverfest.
- The 2019 Riverfest Video Contest is open to United States residents who are 18 years of age or older. (Entries from videographers 14-17 years of age are accepted with authorization and signed consent from parent or guardian.) No purchase is necessary to enter. Winners may be required to provide proof of citizenship and age.
- All entries must include footage from this year’s 2019 Riverfest between May 31, 2019 and June 8, 2019.
- The contest will run between May 31, 2019, and June 28, 2019. All entries must be submitted to Hydraulic Studio by June 28, 2019 Late entries will not be accepted.
- Only entries with complete, accurate and legible information will be considered. Online registration must be completed.
- Videographers may enter up to three (3) completed videos. Each entry will be made by providing a Youtube or Vimeo link.
- Videos to be submitted by Youtube or Vimeo link will be made by visiting Riverfest Video Contest 2019
- No e-mail submissions will be accepted. You must use the link for the Riverfest Video Contest 2019 for digital submissions.
- All entries become the property of WFI.
NOTE: Acceptable styles of video include timelapse, sizzle/highlight reels, narrative, storytelling or animation. No video should be longer than 3 minutes.
- Final submitted videos must not include any copyright text or digital watermarks. Camera-imprinted dates or other text may result in disqualification of the video.
- Wichita Festivals, Inc., Hydraulic Studio or their agents or assigns are not responsible for late, or misdirected entries, or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Videographer grants unlimited, non-exclusive use license to Wichita Festivals, Inc. WFI reserves the right to use the videos in all of their marketing efforts and by electronic means in the promotion of Riverfest and other event-related activities.
- Prizes will be awarded only for entries that are deemed worthy by the contest judges. If no acceptable entries are received, the grand prize may not be awarded. All judges’ decisions are final.
- Any and all taxes and other additional expenses associated with the awarded prizes are the responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to submit applicable tax forms before prize money is paid.
- Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by state or local laws.
- Employees and family members of Wichita Festivals, Inc. and Hydraulic Studio are prohibited from participation in this contest.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entrant grants Wichita Festivals, Inc. the right to use and publish their proper name online, in print or any other media format, in connection with the video contest.
- By entering, participants release and hold harmless WFI and HYD, as well as any directors, officers or employees of these organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including any causes beyond the control of the administrators of the contest, WFI or HYD reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the contest without notice to the entrants.
- Entry into the video contest does not create any vested right or interest for the participants in the prizes offered for the contest.
- A Final Friday reception and exhibition of the winning video will be held 5:30-7p.m., July 26. Location to be determined. Contest prizes will be awarded at the event. Winner does not have to be present at the reception.