Riverfest Photo Contest Rules
The 2019 Annual Riverfest Photography Contest is presented by Wichita Festivals, Inc. (WFI) and 360Wichita.com for the purpose of partnering with the Wichita River Festival® (WRF) attendees to produce a collection of photographic images to help promote future festivals and activities. An Official Contest of Riverfest.
- The 2019 Riverfest Photography Contest is open to United States residents who are 18 years of age or older. (Entries from photographers 14-17 years of age are accepted with authorization and signed consent from parent or guardian.) No purchase is necessary to enter. Winners may be required to provide proof of residency and age.
- Photographs must be taken at the 2019 Riverfest between May 31st, 2019 and June 8, 2019.
- The contest will run between May 31st, 2019 and June 26, 2019. All entries must be submitted to 360Wichita.com by June 26, 2019 Late entries will not be accepted.
- An account must be created in order to submit photos. Creation of account constitutes acceptance of contest rules. Only entries with complete, accurate and legible information will be considered eligible.
- Photographers may enter up to six (6) photographs per category #1 through #8. File names are limited to standard imaging number with no other characters, other than the file extension (i.e. jpg, png). TIFF/RAW file formats are not acceptable for entries (but if they exist, should be available if selected as a winner). Up to 20mb files are available to upload.
- Photographs to be submitted in digital format by visiting Riverfest Photo Contest 2019 (where you will find a link to the upload form). All photographs must be in sharp focus.
- Digital photographs must be submitted in jpg/png format.
- No e-mail submissions will be accepted You must use the link for the Riverfest Photo Contest 2019 for digital submissions.
- Digital manipulations (see note below) will be disqualified. Do not add borders or text of any kind to images. NO copyright marks, logos or photographer names should appear on any image.
- All entries become the property of WFI and will not be returned to the entrant.
** NOTE: Cropping for best composition, sharpening, dust-spotting, color corrections, dodging and burning are acceptable manipulations for digital images. NO artificial blurring or blending of images should be performed.
- Damaged photographs will not be accepted. This includes digital images that have been damaged by inappropriate manipulation, including the use of progressive compression on jpg files as well as other file handling errors that compromise image quality. All images should be saved at the highest possible quality with no compression. Digital images must not include any copyright text or digital watermarks. Camera-imprinted dates or other text may result in disqualification of the photograph.
- Wichita Festivals, Inc., 360Wichita.com.com or their agents or assigns are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed or misdirected entries, or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Photographer grants unlimited, non-exclusive use license to Wichita Festivals, Inc. WFI reserves the right to use the photographs in printed materials and by electronic means in the promotion of Riverfest and other event-related activities. 360Wichita.com may use the photographs in printed materials and by electronic means for Riverfest promotional materials with WFI permission.
- Prizes will be awarded only for entries that are deemed worthy by the contest judges. If no acceptable entries are received in any category, the prize for that category may not be awarded. All judges’ decisions are final.
- Any and all taxes and other additional expenses associated with the awarded prizes are the responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to submit applicable tax forms before prize money is paid.
- Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by state or local laws.
- Employees and family members of Wichita Festivals, Inc. and 360Wichita.com.com are prohibited from participation in this contest.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entrant grants Wichita Festivals, Inc. the right to use and publish their proper name online, in print or any other media format, in connection with the photography contest.
- By entering, participants release and hold harmless WFI and 360Wichita.com, as well as any directors, officers or employees of these organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including any causes beyond the control of the administrators of the contest, WFI or 360Wichita.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the contest without notice to the entrants.
- Entry into the photography contest does not create any vested right or interest for the participants in the prizes offered for the contest.
- A Final Friday reception and exhibition of the winning photographs will be held July 26th. Location to be determined. Contest prizes will be awarded at the event.