Wichita Thunder Announces Protected List
The Wichita Thunder Hockey Team announced its protected list today, including 16 forwards, seven defensemen and three goaltenders.
The 16 protected forwards are Christian Isackson, Miles Koules, Andy Huff, Ian Lowe, Michael Neal, Kale Kerbashian, Paxton Leroux, Logan Nelson, Erick Lizon, Kenton Miller, Domenic Alberga, Dean Chelios, RG Flath, Peter Sakaris, Stephen Schultz and Jared Walker.
The following Defensemen were also named in the protected list:Donnie Harris, Landon Oslanski, Dan Milan, Dalton Reum, Martin Nemcik, Eric Springer and Theo Peckham.
Additionally, goaltenders Sean Bonar, David Shantz and Grant Rollheiser will be protected.
Teams moy protect as many players as they wish, provided the players meet the guidelines defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The guidelines state that teams retain the rights to each player who has:
- signed an SPC in 2015-16 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
- signed an SPC in 2015-16, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
- received a Qualifying Offer for the current Season last summer, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
- has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
- signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2015-16 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
- has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
The teams' protected lists may exceed 20 players.
Teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13, according to an announcement by the ECHL. Teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15. Season-ending rosters can include up to 20 players, but they cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2015-16.
The Thunder begin their 25th Anniversary season on Saturday, October 15 against the Tulsa Oilers. Season tickets are on sale now, for a $50 deposit per seat and ramaining expenses can be paid off all summer long. Contact a Thunder representative for details.