- Job Category: Information technology
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Temp-To-Hire
- Company: RSM Marketing
RSM Marketing / 360ideas is looking for a passionate WordPress Technician to join our team!
This position will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development and support. You will oversee the hundreds of sites we host and maintain in addition to the new ones we add monthly.
We expect you to have a strong understanding of the latest industry trends in the world of WordPress. If you live and breath WordPress and want an exciting opportunity to get deep into WordPress daily, this gig is for you!
This position is available as contract work with potential for full-time.
WordPress Technician duties and responsibilities
- Implementing new features and functionality on websites
- Support of existing WordPress sites such as updates, backups, and debugging
- Establishing and guiding WordPress best practices
- Ensuring high-performance and availability
- Managing all technical aspects of our WordPress sites and servers
- Assisting designers with layout and CSS challenges
- Provide technical support to clients through RSM’s Helpdesk Ticketing System
- Providing timely support and managing own tickets within your schedule
- Email support: resetting passwords, setting up new accounts in Outlook, MacMail and other email clients, troubleshooting email issues.
- Providing wordpress support for client questions about how to update their site
- Providing 1 hour wordpress trainings to clients after a new site is launched
WordPress Technician requirements and qualifications
- Understanding of back-end technologies like PHP and server administration a plus
- Familiar with WordPress admin, plugins, themes, and general operations
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
400 S Commerce
Wichita KS 67202
E-mail Your Resume