How to Survive Your 4th of July
The 4th of July, a date that happens literally everywhere in the world, but in the United States it holds special meaning. It’s the day we celebrate our independence, our freedom, our ability to be who we want to be and pursue our dreams.
Here’s a handy checklist to get you through your Independence Day safely, comfortably and with style.
Beat the Heat
Nothing stops the fun and games of a good 4th of July like heat exhaustion. Prepare yourself by wearing the proper attire and keeping yourself full of fluids.
- American Flag Bro Tank - Sun’s out guns out right? Expressing your rampant patriotism doesn’t need to come at the cost of smothering your arms. We all know your biceps are nicknamed “Liberty” and “Justice” you might as well show them off for the world to see. (WARNING: May cause bald eagles to pose majestically on your shoulders.)
- Flag Shorts - You don’t neglect your legs at the gym right? 4th of July celebrations aren't the place to start either, cover those legs up but stay cool and patriotic with some sweet flag shorts or board shorts
- Flag Koozie - Keep your drink protected from the heat generated by celebrating your freedom whether it’s a bottle of water or a can of America (formerly Budweiser)
- Flag Lawn Chair - The only way it’s not disrespectful to sit on an American flag is when it's a pattern on a chair. Freedom doesn't have to come at the cost of leg fatigue.
- Flag Sunglasses - Let the sun know just how patriotic you are and protect your eyes from UV rays with freedom.
- Sunscreen- If the bottle has a flag even better. For bonus freedom points, use the lotion to outline a flag onto your patriotic body. Your love of freedom isn’t skin deep but this flag will be.
Thanks to America's Funniest Home Videos and YouTube, we have enough home video of people hurting themselves or doing not so smart things while under the influence. Be responsible and don’t make bad choices. If you choose to drink America (Budweiser) leave the explosions to someone else.
Happy Independence Day from everyone at 360wichita.com!