Title: Web Designer/Developer
Salary: $33,000 -$37,000
Education: All considered
Category: Web design
Hour Type: full time
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in computer or information science, visual arts (computer-based), web design and development, or, an equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- 1 year web developer/design experience
- Demonstrated experience using HTML/XHTML, CSS editing software such as Adobe Dreamweaver and high-end graphics programs, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, to create effective web sites
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with end-users, co-workers, and supervisor
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a customer service oriented attitude in all circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player that also works well independently
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility and initiative to consistently contribute to the successful completion of tasks and projects
- Experience using CSS for page layout and presentation
- Experience using various programming languages to create web-based applications (i.e. ASP, ASP.Net, Access, and SQL Server)
- Experience with database integration web sites
- Experience working with CMS tools such as Wordpress.
- Experience working with print and digital media with a knowledge of the differences, design constraints, and technical considerations between effective print and web publishing
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Flash to create effective website animations
- Experience editing, producing, and disseminating video
The primary function is to support the web design/development of campus-wide departments/clinics within the KU School of Medicine-Wichita as well as the web design and marketing efforts of Rural Health Education and Services. This position will work with multiple parties when designing, developing and maintaining web sites for the above listed organizations. This position will have limited travel to attend meetings and conferences.
- Create design elements, comps, templates and finished solutions to align with established branding.
- Convert existing KUSM-W web sites to the new University Content Management System (CMS).
- Develop web pages with text, animation, digitized video, sound, and graphics using HTML, CSS, and web programming languages.
- Work with KUMC Internet Development staff to understand and implement the guidelines of their services.
- Consult with KUSM-W Public Affairs to meet the campus needs in web design and development projects by researching, learning, and implementing new software and techniques.
- Provide support in the use of software tools determined to be institutional standards for developing and viewing HTML and XML documents.
- As a member of the marketing team, participate in the promotion of programs and projects within the department.
- Design and distribute electronic newsletters, flyers, and marketing pieces.
- Work with the Sr. Coordinator to continually assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the web sites.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and marketing directives to ensure the quality and efficiency of existing sites.
- Edit and publish video as directed.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by the Sr. Coordinator.
Location of Position
The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita
Department of Rural Health Education Services
1010 N. Kansas
Wichita, KS 67214-3199
APPLY ONLINE ONLY NO WALK-INS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE