Wichita Kansas Events, Entertainment, Restaurants and Attractions

What's New on 360Wichita.com:

Race For the Cure Returns to Wichita This Weekend

Race For the Cure Returns to Wichita This Weekend

Via facebook.com.

One in every eight women in the United States is diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.

Every minute, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer.

At the current rate, 13 million breast cancer deaths around the world will occur in the next 25 years.

These staggering facts from Komen.org put into perspective just how important an event like the Race For the Cure is.

The event, which will take place on Saturday, Sept. 24 in downtown Wichita, serves to raise funds and awareness.

The race will be held at the Waterwalk Plaza, and the site opens at 6:45 a.m.

The Race For the Cure highlights a 10K relay challenge, a 10K run, a 5K walk/run, a one-mile family fun walk and a kids’ dash.

The event has just surpassed the halfway point to it’s fundraising goal of $300,000. Currently at nearly $180,000, the event is still accepting registrants. Additionally, each participant should strive to raise at least $25 to meet this goal. Those raising $100 or more join the hero club. Heroes will earn a cape to wear during the race.

You can join the fight against breast cancer by registering online. Participants can register as an individual, join a team or form a new team. Fees associated with registration vary based on selection.

100% of the net proceeds of the Race For the Cure benefit the mission of the Komen Organzation. Of the proceeds, 75 percent stays Kansas, helping fund local breast health education programs and breast cancer screenings and treatment. The remaining 25 percent of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Research Grants Program which is funding cutting edge research that is finding the cures for breast cancer, according to Komen.org. Learn more here.


« Back

Newest Contests

No contests at this time.
Scholfield Honda Tokyo Japanese Cuisine Wichita Furniture