This week,Wichita Business Journal is announcing the recipients of Enterprise Award. This is the first year in which the Business Journal has offered Enterprise Awards, which are given to those who demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit in Wichita.
Winners of this award are recognized in multiple categories, including entrepreneur, serial entrepreneur, intrapreneur, startup and franchise.
The award category of intrapreneur is reserved for someone who demonstrates entrepreneurship within their organization, even though they are not in a position of authority.
The following honorees have been recognized:
- Entrepreneur - Bill Simon, Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers
- Startup – John Dascher, e2e Accelerator Inc.
- Serial Entrepreneur – Justin McClure, Justin McClure Creative
- Startup – Bruce Rowley, RSM Marketing Services
- Intrapreneur – Marjorie Engle, Allen, Gibbs & Houlik LC.
More awards will be given throughout the week.