March 10th is National Popcorn day. Here's a quick, easy, and tasty idea on how to celebrate.
- 1 Bag (12 Cups) of popcorn
- 1 stick (1/2 Cup) of butter
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 8-12 Large Marshmallows
- Pop 1 bag of popcorn, set aside.
- Put the Stick of butter and the brown sugar in a medium sized microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the two for 2 minutes
- Take out and stir a bit, add in the marshmallows- Careful at this point the mixture is extremely hot
- Microwave again for 1:30-2:00 minutes
- Take out and give it a quick stir, if a few marshmallow chunks aren't fully devolved that's alright.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn stirring carefully with a wooden spoon. Be extra careful to not touch the caramel while stirring as its extremely hot still.
- Put into a bowl or on a plate, allow to cool for a bit