About Victory in the Valley
Beginning in 1983 as a local cancer support group, Victory in the Valley, a non-profit organization, has expanded its services with the goal of providing practical assistance, spiritual support, and encouragement. Victory in the Valley has grown into a comprehensive cancer support organization, providing support to those living with a cancer diagnosis, their caregivers, friends and families. We feel especially blessed to provide a beautiful facility, affectionately named "Victory House", for cancer patients, their family and friends. Victory House provides a wonderful, home-like atmosphere where they can relax, visit our Women’s Boutique, visit one-to-one with other cancer patients, attend a Cancer Support Group, Wellness class, and Educational Lunch and Learn meeting, all while receiving encouragement, helpful information, and support.
Victory in the Valley offers a number of other services that include:
- Lodging assistance for out-of-town cancer patients
- A Hospitality Centre, which was created to serve the needs of all cancer patients and supporters, and offer a place of hope fpr those waiting to receive treatment at CCK in Wichita
- Canine Friends, which are specially trained therapy dogs that visit patients and their caregivers
- Assistance with transportation, medical equipment, food and fuel vouchers, and prescriptions for pain and nausea
- Support groups that meet on a regular basis in Wichita and in several surrounding communities
- Camp Victory Women's Weekend
- Camp Victory Kids & Family Day Camp
Through the generosity of others, all services to cancer patients are provided "at no charge." While we work in cooperation with all other cancer-related organizations, we do not receive funding from them. Charitable donations in the form of individual gifts, grants, or memorials are our only source of funding.