About Veterans Memorial Park
This quiet little park is located on the east bank of the Arkansas river in downtown Wichita. Winding paths take you to each of the memorial monuments from the front of the park down to the river. You can site at benches for a quiet serene moment to reflect on the history behind each of the parks seven memorials.
- John S. Stevens Veterans Memorial
- Kansas Korean War Memorial
- Pearl Harbor Memorial
- U.S. Marine Corps Veterans Memorial
- U.S. Merchant Marine Memorial
- U.S. Submarine Veterans of World War II Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
The park also includes a monument of the U.S.S. Wichita heavy cruiser and Gold Star Mothers.
Dedicated to the memory of those who gave everything for freedom.