This botanical paradise on the plains is comprised of over nine acres of stunning gardenscaping that features more than 4000 species of plants both native and new to the region. Twenty-six themed display gardens such as the Butterfly Garden, Woodland Bird Garden, Shakespearean Garden, Sensory Garden, Wildflower Meadow and the all-new Downing Children's Garden combine with more than 30 sculptures and multiple flowing fountains to create a visually stunning atmosphere. Explore the Gardens and take home inspiration for your own backyard.
Seasonal exhibits add enjoyment and excitement to the Gardens:
- Visit the Downing Children's Garden, a safe and engaging environment where children can be surrounded by plants and discover the joys of being in a garden!
- See Kansas' largest tulip display bloom in early April
- Discover winged wonders in our Butterfly House from June-September
- Enjoy the rich, autumnal colors of our Chrysanthemum Display from late September-November
- See the Gardens glow with thousands of lights during our holiday event, Illuminations
Located a short distance from downtown Wichita.
With ever-changing scenery, educational classes for young and old, and special events to entertain and amuse, we invite you to visit Botanica often and take advantage of all that the Gardens have to offer!
Now Open: Monday-Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 1-5pm and Tuesday and Thursday evenings until 8pm.
Admission Rates: Adult- $7.00, Senior (62+)/Military- $6.00, Youth (3-12)- $3.00, Children under 3 admitted free. Admission is $3.00 for all ages on Thursdays.
Discounted rates are available for groups of 10 or more. Group rates and tours can be arranged by contacting Karla Jahn at 316-264-0448.